Music and politics: a shared responsibility. European Forum on Music, Bern. Overview.
From 19-22 June more than 100 representatives of the music sector from over 20 countries came to Bern, Switzerland, to discuss the commonalities and differences of music and politics from diverse angles. The local partners Yehudi Menuhin Forum Bern and the Swiss Music Council provided the perfect setting which included a rich musical programme.
The Forum was proceeded by the EMC Annual Meeting which included elections to the EMC Board 2014–2016.
View the full press release here.
2nd Update on the European Forum on Music in Bern
The deadline for registration has been extended to 5 June 2014.
We are pleased to announce several new sessions! For example:
- Music and political protest
- Find Your Match! Find a partner for your projects with the help of the EMC
As part of the Forum, member organisations will share their experience, good practices, projects and papers.
Update on the European Forum on Music in Bern
Join the European music sector in Bern for a Forum full of music, exchange, debate and inspiration.
Confirmed keynote speaker on Friday 20 June is Ivo Josipovic, President of the Republic of Croatia and composer
- The Power of the Amateurs: The Swiss Federal Popular Initiative on Music Education
- Dos and Don'ts of Advocacy Work
- Freedom of Musical Expression (the case of Belarus)
- The EU/USA free trade negotiations (TTIP) and its relevance for music in Europe