The SHIFT Final Event was organised by the European Music Council (EMC), project coordinator.
The SHIFT project is close to our hearts and the partner consortium has worked very hard and we were very pleased to share the publications and results of this two-years cooperation project co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union.
Due to the critical sanitary situation related to COVID-19 in Brussels, the EMC Board took take the difficult decision of transforming the in-person event into an online event.
The SHIFT event took place ONLINE from 14:00-16:30 on 1 December 2021.
Technicals details will be sent to the participants.
The SHIFT partners - 9 European and International cultural networks and platform - recognised three years ago the need to join forces to work on the global agenda of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and its leaders wished to improve their capacity for giving guidance to their teams, organisations, and members.
We will share a presentation on each topic developed as well as give you the opportunity to ask questions and to exchange with others on these topics and the tools developed.
• SHIFT OVERALL INTRODUCTION was made by Ruth Jakobi, Secretary General, and Carolyn Auclair, Project Officer, from the European Music Council, project coordinator.
• CULTURAL LEADERSHIP was presented by Fairooz Tamimi, Sustainability Analyst, from Trans Europe Halles - leader on the topic
We have aimed at giving guidance on ways of leading an organisation in the cultural sector and leading change associated to following the UN SDGs and would like to share with you some of the tools, resources and tips we have gathered.
• ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY was presented by Maria Hansen, Executive Director, from ELIA - leader on the topic
We have joined forces to kick-start an environmental shift in all aspects of society: economic, educational, scientific, cultural, and many more. Claiming that role means embedding environmental sustainability into the way we work and collaborate. This presentation will provide insights in what the SHIFT partners have looked into and what is currently being finalised.
• GENDER AND POWER-RELATIONS was will be presented by Ása Richardsdóttir, Secretary General, from IETM & Marie Le Sourd, Secretary General, from On the Move - leaders in the topic
The #MeToo movement, and other movements and campaigns, have increased the awareness and empowered employees around the globe to report sexual harassment and other inequalities in the workplace. With our key findings and report we want to contribute to a lasting impact of this wave of empowerment on professional and societal culture. Get support in creating safe working spaces with tools, solutions and ideas to fight gender-based related power abuses and harassment.
• INCLUSION was presented by Sophie Dowden, Project and Fundraising Manager, from the European Choral Association - leader in the topic
While the topic of inclusion in itself is not new, we realised that there are no general guidelines for cultural networks. The research, handbook and interviews presented will have a special focus on leaders of these networks and organisations, with the aim of training them and reinforcing their capacity to increase inclusion and accessibility in their organisations. We will try to guide you through this.
With the cooperation of the SHIFT partners:
► European Choral Association
► European Music Council
► European Union of Music Competitions for Youth
► International Music Council
► On the move
► Trans Europe Halles